Upcoming GALILEO Training
New webinars have been added to the GALILEO training calendar. Webinars are easy to attend and are great tools for professional development. Connection instructions are sent a day before the webinar to everyone who has registered. The instructions include a connection wizard that helps you make sure your computer is ready. Certificates of participation are sent to all attendees soon after the session. Below is a list of upcoming sessions currently scheduled. More will be added, so keep a watch on the training page and the GALILEO list for new opportunities.
- Black History Month Resources — Demonstration of the Civil Rights Digital Library and GALILEO subscription resources
- Holocaust Resources in GALILEO — In time for International Holocaust Remembrance Day on January 27
- Grab GALILEO for Great Multimedia Projects — This session is great preparation for submissions to the Georgia Student Media Festival
- Meet GALILEO for Elementary/Middle/High School — Separate session that focus on each grade level
- Digitized Maps in the Digital Library of Georgia —A look at Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps and an examination of historical maps to trace the changing environment of a Georgia city
- Civil War Resources — Explore subscription and DLG resources covering the American Civil War
- Bueno GALILEO: Language Resources — GALILEO foreign-language resources include encyclopedias for several languages and Spanish-language magazines
- Journals and Magazines: Best Practices in GALILEO — Tips on searching journals and magazines in GALILEO and optimizing usage with alerts and linking
Archived webinars include a wide range of topics for all audiences.
GALILEO Support Services
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia