Announcing the 2012 Annual GALILEO Staff Awards for Best Use of GALILEO Resources in a Georgia Student Media Festival Project
The GALILEO staff will present two awards for the best use of GALILEO resources in a project submitted to the 2012 Georgia Student Media Festival: group project (classroom teacher) and individual (student). In addition to fame and glory, the awards provide a technology-oriented incentive such as a mini HD video camcorder. The award winners are selected as part of the festival judging process based on the number of GALILEO resources used and cited.
• 2011: Max Meyer, 7th grade student, and teacher Kathy Hall at Harris County Carver
Middle School, sequential stills individual project
• 2010: Teacher Vicky Tettelbach, 4th grade, Hopkins Elementary School in Gwinnett
County, digital magazine class project
Help with Project Ideas
• Example projects are available in the GALILEO Scrapbook
• Standards-Aligned Lesson Plan “Where I’m From in GALILEO” lesson plan (see example in GALILEO Scrapbook)
• Standards-aligned activity “Create Your Own Story in GALILEO”
Here is a handout if you would like to share this information with teachers.
If you have questions or comments, please Contact Us.
GALILEO Support Services
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia