Upcoming GALILEO Training
New sessions for the fall have been added to the GALILEO training schedule, including webinars for newbies, old hands, and people who just need refreshers.
Trainings include the Meet GALILEO sessions, which are introductory sessions designed for new media specialists and teachers, so if you’re looking for ways to share GALILEO with your teachers, here’s an opportunity.
Register at the GALILEO Training page.
- Meet GALILEO for Elementary School – August 23, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM (that’s next week!)
- Meet GALILEO for High School – August 30, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Meet GALILEO for Middle School – September 1, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Elementary Resources in EBSCO – September 13 or October 4, 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM – overviews of Searchasaurus and Kids Search with tips for teaching students various search strategies
- Create Your Own Story – A 3-part series on a guided research activity for creating digital projects (See the Create Your Own Story site for information.)
- Middle School Resources in EBSCO – Overview of resources for 6-8, including Student Research Center and History Reference Center
- Literary Reference Center and Student Research Center – Explore two EBSCO resources for high school and undergraduate (LRC) research
- Readers’ Advisory Tools: NoveList K-8 and NoveList – Explore reading tools for the classroom, including annotated bibliographies, teaching tools, Lexile levels, author affiliations, and more
- Grab GALILEO for Great Multimedia Projects – This session is great preparation for submissions to the Georgia Student Media Festival
As always, if you have questions or comments, please Contact Us.
GALILEO Support Services
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia