Gear Up for the 2008 TIE Network Summer Academy
Gear up for a great time! That means you’ll need to bring all of your “technology gear” with you!!
Georgia Public Broadcasting is excited to offer the first TIE Network Summer Academy for active TIE Network members. This professional development/social networking opportunity will take place June 25-28, 2008 in Decatur, GA which is right outside of Atlanta. If accepted, you will have the opportunity to learn new technology skills that you can incorporate into your district/school/classroom and share your ideas with other educators from across the state. While we wish we could accept every applicant who applies, there are a limited number of spaces for participants.
To access the 2008 TIE Network Summer Academy Application , log into www.tienetwork.org and click on the “TIE Summer Acad. App.” link in the User Menu on the right-hand side of the page. If you are already logged into the site click here to access the application located in the Forums section of the site.
Note: The GPB TIE Network will cover the cost of lodging and specified meals during the Summer Academy. Participants will be responsible for travel expenses to and from the Summer Academy in Decatur, GA.
In order to be considered, your application must be complete and must be received by Tuesday, May 27, 2008 (5:00 P.M.).
Methods for Application Submission:
- Email it directly to Katherine Aiken (email@example.com )
- Fax it to Katherine’s attention at 404-685-2556 or
- Upload it to the TIE Network Resource Center in the “2008 TIE Network Summer Academy Application” category. (Note: Other TIE Network members will not be able to download your application. Only Katherine can access it.)
Applicants will be accepted based on the following criteria:
- Cumulative activity in the Network from January 2007 to the present which includes
- Number & quality of digital projects uploaded to the TIE Network online Resource Center
- TIE Network events, presentations, and/or webinars attended
- Technology-focused trainings/workshops reported to the TIE Network website
- Answers to open-ended questions
- ETTC region represented
Accepted applicants will be notified of their acceptance via email by Monday, June 2, 2008, so please include an email address where you can be reached during the month of June!